Monday, November 23, 2009

A Weekend for Hunting!

Saturday marked the gun hunting opener... and me, the first time I got my licence in 8 years! Paul and I had a sitter during the day from 5:30 am until close, which was around 5pm everynight. On Sunday about 4:30pm I shot my first deer EVER! It was only a doe, but it was MY doe... lol!! Not too bad for size either, we should get enough meat for a few months anyway. I was the only one in our family to shoot a deer opening weekend, yeah me! I will be making as much meat as I can into jerkey to send to Iraq for my brother ( that's what he said he wanted!) I will post a pic of my trophy later this week.

On another note, Lilly is doing good, still not gaining weight very quickly... she is still at 5.25kg. For almost 8months, she is really behind.... even the other heart kids! I wonder what I am not doing right that is keeping her from gaining?! She is the adverage size of a 3 month old!!!!

Other than that not too much going on just trying to maintain my sainity! I keep telling myself that I am blessed.....even when it is rough!

To all my CHW families hang in there and stay tough! To my brother Daniel, the jerkey is coming bro.... be safe and come home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Naomi - Wow...a great devoted mother, and HUNTER!!! That post made me smile. Congrats.....not even the best of the best get a deer during season. Is that Paul's skillfull instruction.... Nonetheless, we wish you a Great Thanksgiving. Full of memories of CHW behind us but not forgotten, and from here on out memories of growing, laughing, smiling and enjoying and realizing the little things that make us appreiciate why Thanksgiving this year is so special. We love you. Melissa, David, and Caden :-)

    ReplyDelete