Friday, September 21, 2012

Fontan Update Day 10

Hi Everyone,
Sorry that I did not post yesterday but wow..! Lilly's lab and x-ray went awesome Thursday ans they decided (with Lilly's help) to let us come home. Yes, I said it...HOME! We got here around 6pm, just in time to surprise Dylan. He was so surprised!
So, for the first day home we were kind of lazy. Her and I stayed cuddled on the couch until 10 this morning. It was great! She has developed an attachment and has not wanted me to leave her sight for a minute. Paul shot a deer tonight and both kids were going to stay at my brothers while we went to look for it. She cried so hard, it made me feel bad. Needless to say, we never found the deer. But, I am worried how long she will be scared to leave me.
With the low-cal diet, yeah... let me just say "crazy". She has been living on high fat everything. I was the mom that walked through the store checking labels for the highest fat and calorie count and she got used to it, not to mention she could eat whatever she wanted (granted candy and soda were treats) anytime she wanted. Now, I have to tell her what she can't have, I think that is the hardest part.
Overall she seems to be loving being home with Daddy and Dylan although she is so tired. Her O2 has been in the high 70's- low 80's and she takes a lot of naps and a lot of breaks. I guess as the weeks go by she will be back to her normal self but now, I am just glad to see her smiling again!
We have a Warfarin/Cumadin blood check Monday and a Post-op with Dr. Dietz in Marshfield on Wednesday of next week. Talk to you soon. Hugs and Love,
Mommy, Lilly, Daddy and Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment