Friday, September 14, 2012

Fontan Day Day 4

Lilly had a great night! She was able to get some much needed sleep and only woke up once at 3 AM. Then all of a sudden at 9 am I had to make my first plea and demand to the nurses and doctors. Her Foley Catheter was leaking and she was screaming when she urinated. The nurses that are here are newer and thought that because we are in a study (to see about kidney function with cardiac patients) they did not want to take out the Foley. I, of course, ran down the hall and found any doctor that would listen and demanded that the nurses take it out NOW! When they finally agreed I sat and cried, holding her hand while it was removed. Until Lilly looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "Its okay Mom, they're all done". I couldn't help but laugh.


On another note, we have decided that the two remaining chest tubes will be divided to see which one is still draining. The Central line and left PIC line will be removed today as we are now off all IV medications and have been for 24 hours.

I am hoping that by tomorrow we will learn how to address the chest tubes. I have relived over the last few days how miraculous my little girl is. She has the heart of a soldier and feels the pain in others like an angel. She is one of a kind and will always be. There are so many things that Lillyann is and every one of them show how brave and kind she is.

This was taken yesterday afternoon.


3 comments:

  1. She looks so happy right there, perfect picture for that little angel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lillyann - you look fantastic! Wish we could peek at you through the window like the old days……I can't believe how much you have grown up…..and not only are you strong but your BEAUTIFUL. Must take after your mom! Yeah on weaning the meds and news about chest tubes. She is doing great. Good job Naomi and Paul. Hugs - Melissa, David, Caden and Griffin Smith

    ReplyDelete