Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lillys GI doctor appointment

First, let me say I am happy that the newest member of the Smith Family arrived on December 28th a Happy Baby boy, Griffin. I am so excited to be able to meet him when we get together next!

Okay, down to business. Lilly's doctors appointment yesterday went suprisingly better than expected. She is still at 17 pounds (7.72 kg) although she is eating non-stop. We have switched her off of the Lactalose ( a laxitive) and moved to a chewable Peda-Lax. So far so good and I like not needing to struggle to get her to take it! She is also in the 10% for her hight and only 3% for her weight. Once we can get her weight closer to her height, we will look into having the G-tube removed. Dr. Fish thinks theat we will change the tube out for a helmet as he witnessed her "terrible two's" fisrt hand. She climbed onto the swivel doctors chair and attempted to grab the blood pressure cuff when the chair slid out from under her and down she fell. She of course was unharmed besides her pride. I think she was more mad at the chair for moving on her...

On the 13th, we have her Cardiologist appointment along with the awaited ECHO. We will see how this goes as I really do not want to make a trip to Marshfield in the wonderful Wisconsin snow.

That is all for now, both kids are sleeping and my house is a mess!! My time to clean. Prayer to our heart families for continued health though the winter months and Congrats to the Smith Family on their newest addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment