Thursday, May 6, 2010

I should have left the room....

We are home, Mic-key button is in. I think that was one of the hardest days that I have had in a long while! Our original plan had been for us to get the Mini One button, but we all know that things don't go haw we expect them too. Our button did not get in yesterday so we had to revert to a Mic-key again. As we drove to Weston, Lilly began to vomit....often! By 40 miles in she was out of clothes and wearing Paul's sweatshirt. It seemed like everytime she would take the bottle, it came back up! Someone may say, "well, just don't feed her", I am sure they haven't had to hear a child scream for more than 5 minutes! She was hungry and even more-so because she couldn't keep anything down.
When we arrived, being that we REALLY DIDN'T have a "set" time we were in there an hour; with a crying child I might add, before we were seen. After they came in it went pretty fast. They asked if I wanted to leave the room... I thought I was strong, and part of me wanted to know what she had to go through.... I think, so I may understand. Well, let me just say, I didn't! I hope no one has to ever see  doctors dialating a child G-tube!! To put it bluntly, the shove metal rods into the hole to make it bigger, all of which without medication, oh wait....Tylanol. Yep, painful... I balwed right along her!
But now we are okay at home and 13 1/2 punds again. If you have noticed, she lost a pound in three days (it took us a month to gain it). Tuesday our new tube should be in and we goto Chippewa Falls to have it put in. This won't be a big ordeal, just a tube exchange. But I am excited for that!! 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Naomi and Paul ~ God continues to see how strong you two are, and the more amazing Lillyann is. She continues to fight through even the toughest challenges. Although I know your disappointed about the weight lost and all the hard work to gain the weight she will be back on the road to recovery, gaining weight , and eating dirt/sand! ha :-) We love you, pray for you all! Love The Smith's

    ReplyDelete