Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Marshfield Visit

I had to take Lilly down to Marshfield yesterday for a check-up with our local Cardiologist. She didn't say much, they did an EKG and talked about her weight.....I knew that they would! She hadn't gained any weight since the Milwaukee visit but, she didn't loose any either! She is giving Lilly until Friday to at least start putting on weight or she will be admitted into Marshfield.
I feel like such a failure sometimes!! Why is she gaining weight there and not at home?!?! I know she is more active here but I am starting to think if she will EVER be able to stay home with us. We are trying to do something, anything, but it is not helping. We pump or tube the feeds we haven't been able to get her to eat much orally since the appointment, I called her pediatrician this morning because I am SO worried that she will not get the G-tube out and will need it for a long time.
The stresses of a special child is taking their tolls on me...mind, body, and soul! Oh yeah I got some pics while I was in milwaukee too!

Don't they look Happy to be here

Dawn our NP and Lilly bring in the NEW YEAR

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there...the feeding issues are a minor issue compared to all Lilly has been through. Thinking of you guys always...

    Chris, Michelle, Cam, Casey, and Angel Carsyn Buchmann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Chin up kid. you are not failing. you are navigating your way through with Lilly. One family that I read up on was having some weight gain issues and then they came to find out that they were mixing the formula wrong (not enough calories). Take it back to the basics and confirm everything that you are doing just to be safe. Other than that realize that you are doing everything you can and failure is not an option so try not to be so hard on yourself. Keep at it and chin up kid!

    David

    ReplyDelete